Summer is here and it is time to enjoy your gardens! Here are a few tips to remember to get the most out of your garden flowers when you bring them inside. Using a sharp knife or cutter, cut the flowers in the morning. Don’t forget the greens! There are many nice garden greens that will hold nicely in a vase: peony greens, baptisia, and hosta to name a few. Get the flowers and greens right in water...bring a bucket or vessel of water with you! Put the flowers in a clean vase and make sure no leaves or debris are in the water. Change the water often...it should never become cloudy. Recut the stems often for added life of the flower. Enjoy!
- Tips from Nina
I hope you are enjoying a beautiful bouquet as you read this article. Here are some tips for caring for your flower bouquet that will help you to enjoy it as long as possible!
- Add the flower food packet to fresh, tepid water in a clean vase or container.
- When arranging your bouquet, remove any extra leaves so that no leaves or debris are in the water.
- Change the water often, it should never look cloudy. The best way to do this is to place the vase under the tap and let the fresh water flush it out.
- If your bouquet is in floral foam, make sure the foam stays wet. Change this water often as well. Use the same method as noted above.
- You can re-cut the stems on an angle. Slicing with a sharp knife is best.
- Always remove the flowers and foliage that have passed.
- Keep your bouquet in a cool spot, out of direct sunlight, and away from all heat sources.
Ok…I might be a little biased…but I really believe flowers are a hard to beat gift.
- a beautiful, fresh, and fragrant gift of nature that you can enjoy inside anywhere at anytime of the year. One can't help but smile when looking at flowers given with love.
- fully recyclable, including the vase! Be kind to the earth and show your affection.
- perfect for the friend, colleague, or family member who “has everything.”
- a well appreciated hostess gift.
- a great way to impress a date. Start your relationship out with something memorable and sweet.
- a great surprise when delivered, especially at work!!
- a source of healing when given as a sympathy gift during the grieving process
- a time honored gift giving tradition since the dawn of time - Make no mistake about it.
- “The earth laughs in flowers.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Call Nina today and see what she can do to make your next bouquet special. 802-244-6853